Carpets cleaned the Chem-Dry way are left sparkling clean and dry in 1 to 2 hours, not the 1-2 days you may have experienced with other carpet cleaning methods like steam cleaning. Our secret is that we use the power of carbonation and hot water to extract dirt from the fibers of your carpet, ensuring a deeper clean. These ingredients are completely natural and safe for children and pets. Chem-Dry also offers a variety of personal carpet and floor care products designed to keep your home cleaner and healthier.
Whether they are dribbles or disasters, food and beverage stains are part of everybody’s life. However, you don’t have to be stuck with them forever. Read through our tips and suggestions below to learn how best to rid your carpet of the worst stains. If your carpet has been treated with Chem-Dry’s Protectant, then you already have a huge advantage in removing stains.
- Act Quickly – The longer the stain is allowed to remain, the more chance it has to set.
- Know what kind of stain you are working on as well as the type of fabric or surface it is on so you can choose the best product. View the list below to see which product to use for water or oil based spots.
- Remove as much excess stain as you can by blotting, scraping or brushing whatever will come off. DO NOT rub it in.
- Test all fabrics and carpets before cleaning by spraying a small amount of Chem-Dry Professional Strength Spot Remover or Chem-Dry Grease & Oil Remover on a hidden area, blot dry and observe for 10 minutes. Make sure there is not carpet color removal onto the cloth and that, when dry, there is not a visible discoloration in the area you cleaned.
- Work from the outside edge of the stain to the inside to keep the stain from spreading.
- Call Your Local Chem-Dry for expert spot & stain removal if these efforts do not work.
- Have a Your Local Chem-Dry Professional apply our Powerguard Protector with every cleaning to give you the best chance for removing stains.
Avoid spills on your area rug. If a spill happens, quickly remove as much of the spot as possible using a dry white towel or wet suction extractor. Depending on the type of carpet fibers, hot water may damage your rug. Consult with Your Local Chem-Dry specialist on how to best handle your specific rug.
Protect your area rug with Chem-Dry PowerGuard, Repel or Wool Protectant. Each formula is designed to match the needs of your carpet fibers to help minimize stains and make cleaning up spills easier.
Avoid leaving an area rug in direct or partial sunlight as fading may occur and have your area rugs cleaned routinely.
Leather, when properly maintained, will last four or five times longer than fabric or man-made fibers. Over time, body oils, perspiration, skin acids and other soils can work their way into the leather. Many cleaning products currently on the market are not appropriate for leather – and they may break down leather finishes, promoting dryness and cracking. Chem-Dry leather care products are safe and effective for leather and have been endorsed by more than 300 tanneries and manufacturers.
Various types of leather require different care processes.
- Aniline – also known as natural, pure, naked or unprotected leather
- Protected – also known as finished semi-aniline, everyday, pigmented and painted leather
- Nubuck – also known as chaps, distressed, bomber and suede leather
Scuffs, Scratches, Cuts and Fading
Over the life of your furniture, you are bound to experience some of the common problems associated with leather furniture. Our Chem-Dry Certified Technicians are trained to address these problems. Chem-Dry has 60 stock pigment colors similar to those used in the tanning process to repair the inevitable scrape or scratch on protected leathers. We can also revitalize color on sensitive aniline leathers.
Why Should I Clean and Protect my Leather?
- Oils and Grease — Body oils from both humans and animals attach and hold onto leather. Hair and hand oils are easily transferred to the head cushions and arm rests of the furniture and can cause serious damage to the protective finishes found on leather.
- Atmospheric Soils — Consider the dust that builds up on a coffee table or desk over a week’s time. This same dust is being deposited on your leather, along with airborne cooking oils and atmospheric pollutants.
- Common Soils — In regular daily living, common dirt is tracked in from outside along with sand and fibers from plants.
- Dyes and Inks — Newspaper ink, dye from your denim jeans, ink from leaky pens and marks from aspiring toddler artists can all impact your leather furniture.
How Often Should I Clean my Leather?
A regular cleaning schedule including professional cleaning 4 times a year is recommended.
In between professional cleanings, you can maintain the health and beauty of your leather furniture by cleaning with Chem-Dry Soft Cleaner and rejuvenating the protection with Chem-Dry Protection Cream. Both products are found in the Chem-Dry Home Leather Care Kit, available for purchase from Your Local Chem-Dry technician.
Proper carpet care is an essential component to ensuring a healthy home. Stains and worn traffic areas can disappoint potential buyers and new homeowners. Follow these simple steps for ensuring clean carpets:
- Vacuum carpets three times a week.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned annually with a hot water extraction method to ensure warranty compliance. For high traffic areas and extra dirty areas, a more regular routine may be required.
- Quickly remove spots before they become stains. When possible, use a suction or extraction tool in addition to blotting. Groom over any cleaned areas with a towel to lift the carpet pile for a more uniform look. For tough spots and stains, contact a Chem-Dry cleaning specialist.
When you’re moving into a new home it’s important to give your carpet one healthy, thorough clean before unpacking. Professional carpet cleaning services clean deep below the surface giving you a fresh start in your new home. The following simple tips can help you choose the right cleaning service for you:
- Schedule your carpet cleaning service in advance of moving in, allowing enough time for your carpets to completely dry. Your Local Chem-Dry’s hot carbonating extraction cleaning meets major carpet manufacturers’ warranty requirements while providing a deep clean that dries in only 1-2 hours, so you can move into your home quicker. Many steam cleaning methods can take 1-2 days to dry.
- Make sure to choose a professional who has experience in working with a variety of carpets when it comes to stain removal. You can trust Your Local Chem-Dry technician to remove or minimize stains to enhance the look of your carpet. ‘If we can’t get the stain out, no one can.’
- Remove any pet odors with Chem-Dry’s professional P.U.R.T.® service. This revolutionary system breaks down the odor at its source to remove the pet smell.
Selling Your Home
Whether you’re buying or selling a home, your carpets are a vital part of the process. Having your carpets professionally cleaned is an easy, cost-effective way to give your house a facelift before showing prospective buyers. A newly cleaned area rug can work as an excellent staging tool when properly placed in a room. Be sure to remove any stain areas with a professional Chem-Dry stain removal treatment to give your house its best appearance.